Friday, December 20, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Nuts



These are addicting. They are crunchy, sweet, spicy and flavorful. My favorite combination of nuts is 1 cup each peanuts and walnuts, and 1/2 cup each pecans and almonds. Sometimes I reserve a little sugar for after they are out of the oven to give them more color and make them look more appetizing.
  • 4 cups mixed nuts
  • 1/4 packed brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 350. place nuts on a baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and reduce the oven to 325. In a small bowl, mix sugars and spices together. Set aside.


In a large bowl, beat the egg white with 1 tsp. water until frothy. Mix in the nuts.


Add the spice and sugar mixture and place on a lined baking sheet.


Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool. When they are cool, separate with a fork. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your blog, Hannah! I'm so glad you shared that you had one today. I definitely want to try this recipe...we had some nuts like this in NYC and I am already addicted! :) I can't wait to read more of your posts! Stop by my blog sometime at clairescalicocorner.blogspot.com

    :) Claire Shrader

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! Your blog is adorable, and I love to read it.

      Delete