Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Gift Tags


It's Christmas time! It's only three days until Christmas. Now, I've been doing a lot of last minute gift wrapping. I have a whole color scheme for all my presents, and I had all the twine and wrapping paper for it, but I didn't have any gift tags to go with it. Gift tags can be rather expensive, and I wanted them to be similar and cohesive. So, I decided to make my own. Here is what I did.

Supplies:

  • Cardstock
  • A cup {I used the size I wanted my tags to be}
  • Pens, pencils, stamps
  • Scissors
  • Hole punch
  • Thread or twine


First trace the cup with a pencil on the cardstock. Repeat this however many times you want, or for how many tags you need.


Cut them all out. You ca be very precise when you cut them out, or give them slightly wavy edges. You can cut them into different shapes and decorative scissors if you want to. Hole punch them.


Stylize them using pens, pencils and stamps. You can create multiple of the same type, or make each one unique.


Cut a piece of twine, thread or ribbon and thread it through the hole. Tie it around a gift bag, or attach it to a wrapped present. And there you are! Simple, cheap, and easy gift tags. Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment